Metabolism Boosting Foods
Improve Your Jogging Performance
Looking for metabolism boosting foods? All food does increase metabolism since food requires digestion and then serves as a source of energy and nutrients. Yet there a certain foods and spices showing characteristics of metabolism foods.
Metabolism boosting foods are not magic. These foods work best as part of a healthy lifestyle of jogging and healthy diet. You see, there is no one food that can supply all the nutrients you need. Some foods are high in antioxidants, Vitamin C, the B Vitamins or protein.
The balanced diet provides your best bet at increasing your metabolism. Let me explain…
Every nutrient requires other nutrients to work, a buddy you could say. They work as a team. A good example is the discovered relationship between calcium and Vitamin D. The vitamin aids the absorption and utilization of calcium that we obtain from our diet. Both of these are then necessary to obtain the full benefits they each potentially offer.
A sluggish body fed with processed food or the fast food diet is seen to have a slower metabolic rate than when you are eating healthy foods. Jogging is an effective way to increase metabolism throughout the day. Yet even the active woman needs to furnish the body with a diet designed for maximal health.
Include these metabolism boosting foods in your meal plans and notice the energy boost during your runs. Click here to go to Table 1.
- Water is involved in every metabolic process; therefore, a lack of water will slow metabolism.
- Coffee, you may recognize your morning perk as a metabolism booster. Back it up with a healthy breakfast to boost metabolism throughout the day.
- Green Tea studies indicate metabolism-boosting qualities, inhibiting fat absorption and glucose regulation. Green tea is already noted for its energy boosting qualities as you can see this ingredient often added to drinks in your supermarket.
- Grapefruit is packed with fiber, vitamin C.
- Oranges are high in fiber, loaded with vitamin C. Select the fruit over juice, which is high in sugar and thus calories.
- Lemon can aid to re-establish a healthy pH balance, improve digestion, which positively affects metabolism. Try squeezing some of the juice of a fresh lemon into a glass of water before meals.
- Pineapple contains iodine which the thyroid uses in regulating metabolism. In addition, pineapple is high in the B vitamins.
- Berries are high in antioxidants and fiber, which contribute to overall health. Include here: acai berries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries to benefit from varying health promoting properties.
- Broccoli is just packed with nutrients that all work to increase metabolism. This is one of the most nutritious foods you could eat.
- Asparagus is high in B vitamins, fiber and acts as natural metabolism booster.
- Spinach is also high in nutrients and fiber. Lots of B vitamins to boost metabolism. Fiber helps to regulate blood sugar by evening out digestion speed.
- The seeds of cucumbers have stimulating effects, great for speeding metabolism and fat loss.
Spices & Herbs
- Chilli acts to boost metabolism by raising body temperature.
- Ginger is a known digestive aid that also improves metabolism by increasing heat of body.
- Ginseng: Increases metabolism rate.
- Basil: Contains lots of iron and magnesium, which contribute to healthy metabolism.
- Oregano: Also high in antioxidant qualities and nutrients to speed up metabolism.
- Garlic: Also helps to fight the common cold and lower cholesterol
- Cinnamon: Helps to stimulate insulin production, which regulates energy usage. Possibly also makes fat cells more responsive to insulin thus aiding fat loss.
- Olive oil: Contains polyunsaturated fat which can aid weight loss because of the satiety fats offer, plus it has oleic acid which helps to breakdown the body's excess fat.
Meats, Fish & Nuts
- Turkey: High in protein that helps to build muscles that aid metabolism.
- Salmon: High in protein and Omega 3 fatty acids essential for the production of a hormone, Leptin, a regulator of body energy.
- Almonds: High in fibre, protein and essential fatty acids. Limit portion size by adding to salads.
- Oats (slow cooking): High fiber food that digests slowly thus keeping your metabolism bustling along throughout the day. Try it with cinnamon so you can use less honey or maple syrup sweetener.
Metabolism Boosting Foods Table 1
Metabolism Boosting Foods Table 2
Leave Metabolism Boosting Foods and go to Easy Healthy Diet.
Leave this page and go to Jogging Revival™ Home.
^up to top